POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : how to speed it up Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  how to speed it up (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Frank Stolle
Subject: how to speed it up
Date: 29 Dec 1999 18:24:02
Message: <386a9812@news.povray.org>
Hi

I've convert some 3DS-Files to POV-Ray. Now the object looks like

#declare MyObj=union {
  union {  /* subobject 1 */
    triangle { <......
    triangle { <......
    triangle { <......
    triangle { <......
  }
  union {  /* subobject 2 */
    triangle { <......
    triangle { <......
    triangle { <......
    triangle { <......
  }
  texture { .... }
}

If I render the scene in POV-Ray, it Povray render as much as longer.
Example:
an empty room (4 Walls , one light source, 800 x 600) needs 2 minutes
with this 3DS-Object, which you is only 50 x 50 pixel large Povray needs 6
minutes, because povray need more time to render the wall, where you can't
see the objects. I hope you understood me.

Is there the posiblity to speed it up. I've tried bounded_by, but not with
better results. Could you give me an example or a tip?

thank you
  frank

Post a reply to this message