POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Buggy reflection? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Buggy reflection? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: SamuelT
Subject: Buggy reflection?
Date: 19 Dec 1999 20:38:15
Message: <385D8A53.40E507CC@aol.com>
The water is bright no matter what in this. Seems to me it might be
an angle-dependent reflection thing.
    Try adjusting the rgb values of the water plane to 0,0,0 and 1,1,1
and render those in both Megapov and the Superpatch. You will get
different results. Megapov will cause the cone to cast a shadow on the
water, something that doesn't usually happen with a 100% filtering
pigment.
    Is the water supposed to be bright like that? It is bright, even
without a sky_sphere. It seems to me to be a flaw, like a forgotten
thing in the code (in both patches).
    I would *really* like to use the angle-dependent reflection to make
realistic water, but this problem persists. Anyone have a work-around
for it?

//****************Code****************

camera{ location<0,15,-30> look_at y*6 }

light_source{ <100000,200000,-50000>,<1.2,1.2,1> }

sky_sphere{ pigment{ gradient y color_map{ [0 rgb<.5 .7 1>][1 rgb<.1 .3
.8>] } } }

plane{ y,-.5
 pigment{ rgbf<.5 .5 .5 1> }
 finish{ reflection_min .2 reflection_max 1 phong 1 }
 interior{ ior 1.2 }
 hollow
}

plane{ y,-10 pigment{ rgb 1 } }

cone{ <0,-10,0>,4,<0,10,0>,0 pigment{ rgb 1 } }

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial:
http://members.aol.com/stbenge

Post a reply to this message