POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: Tiled texture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiled texture (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Tiled texture
Date: 14 Aug 1999 21:49:46
Message: <37B61C01.C45B39C5@pacbell.net>
Jean-Marc de Lauwereyns wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know it has already been asked but I can't find the message in the
> news. Does anybody knows how to create tiled textures under POV which
> can be used as backgrounds ?
>
> Many thanks to the good souls who can help me
>
> JM

Chris Colefax has a macro that will help you do this:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

From: Jean-Marc de Lauwereyns
Date: 14 Aug 1999 21:53:42
Message: <37B61F17.3B587570@club-internet.fr>
Ken wrote:

> Jean-Marc de Lauwereyns wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know it has already been asked but I can't find the message in the
> > news. Does anybody knows how to create tiled textures under POV which
> > can be used as backgrounds ?
> >
> > Many thanks to the good souls who can help me
> >
> > JM
>
> Chris Colefax has a macro that will help you do this:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Thanks a lot, I'm going to look at it

JM

Post a reply to this message

From: Chuck Roberts
Date: 10 Sep 1999 14:06:59
Message: <37D94912.30CA7F75@accn.org>
POV comes with a plane that looks like bathroom tiles, shiny with grout.
I don't know which directory it is in. I think it is under POVSCN.

Ken wrote:

> Jean-Marc de Lauwereyns wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know it has already been asked but I can't find the message in the
> > news. Does anybody knows how to create tiled textures under POV which
> > can be used as backgrounds ?

Post a reply to this message

> POV comes with a plane that looks like bathroom tiles, shiny with grout.
> I don't know which directory it is in. I think it is under POVSCN.

It is called whiltile.pov - one of my favorite example scenes.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: