POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : My ugly little flame... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  My ugly little flame... (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: TonyB
Subject: My ugly little flame...
Date: 13 Jun 1999 14:46:26
Message: <3763EED3.4208100C@panama.phoenix.net>
Render with the SuperPatch. Enjoy.

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Graphics rendered
by the Dreamachine.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lightgroups.pov.txt' (2 KB)

From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Re: My ugly little flame...
Date: 13 Jun 1999 15:09:51
Message: <376401ff@news.povray.org>
TonyB <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

  Why people still send binaries to this group?

From: TonyB
Date: 13 Jun 1999 15:41:26
Message: <3763FBB7.61C013B9@panama.phoenix.net>
Ron Parker did just before me. Why didn't you say anything to him? This is
text after all. Yeesh. I mean, what's the point of having a text.scene-files?
I understand a binaries.scene-files for when I send a scene with textures,
and meshes, but just a simple scene like this deserves to be considered as
text and go here. OK?

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Graphics rendered
by the Dreamachine.

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:43:03 -0400, TonyB
<ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:

>Ron Parker did just before me. Why didn't you say anything to him?

Did not.  Mine was text.  Yours was MIME base64 encoded.  Mine
is readable to a human in a simple newsreader (slrn is my usual
choice) or by telnetting to port 119 (yes, I do that a lot)
Yours is not.

Post a reply to this message

> Ron Parker did just before me. Why didn't you say anything to him? This is
> text after all. Yeesh. I mean, what's the point of having a text.scene-files?
> I understand a binaries.scene-files for when I send a scene with textures,
> and meshes, but just a simple scene like this deserves to be considered as
> text and go here. OK?
>
> --
> Anthony L. Bennett
> http://welcome.to/TonyB
>
> Graphics rendered
> by the Dreamachine.

I guess the difference is you've attached the pov-file to your message in stead
of cuttin'&pastin' it. I see no great harm in that but obviously others do.

Anyway: thanks for the source.

Have fun!

Remco

Post a reply to this message