POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Using Media With Image Maps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Using Media With Image Maps (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ken
Subject: Using Media With Image Maps
Date: 9 May 1999 06:20:44
Message: <3734AA7A.BF87AF75@pacbell.net>
The attached scene file has an example of how to use an image map
with media to produce colored rays of light. In this case there is
light coming in through a stained glass window into a room filled
with dust {media} and the color the light picks up from the glass
can be seen in the dusty room. I posted an image for this in the
povray.binaries.images group on 04-09-1999 under the title
"patent issued". I posted a another message that day I believe that
is the image for the stained glass somewhere in that thread. Just
so you know you can NOT use a 24 bit tga, png, or bmp image with
the image map filter function in Povray. You are restricted to
using either 8 bit 256 color .gif or .png image files. You might
get away with trying to save a tga in 8 bit 256 color mode but I
have not tested this so can not say for sure that it will work.
  I can gaurantee that a 24 bit imge file of any format will not
work, no way, no how. This I tested for quite a while until I
figured out why filtering my imges did not work as expected.

Enjoy,

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net