POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Fur generator Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Fur generator (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Fur generator
Date: 6 Mar 1999 15:57:54
Message: <36e196d2.0@news.povray.org>
Here's the first version of my fur generator. Note that it requires the
Superpatch. I have tried to document the parameters, but if somethng is
unclear, feel free to ask. Also, if you have any comments or suggestions for
improvements, I'd be glad to hear them. Of especial interest would be ideas
for improving the Wind calculations...
Attached are 4 files:
fur.inc - the fur generator's sampling macro; this is the one you have to
#include in your scene;
worm.inc - macro for creating the hairs (it is called from within fur.inc);
admacros.inc - a few additional macros required by fur.inc and worm.inc (but
useful elsewhere, too);
example.pov - a simple example scene;

Enjoy!

Margus

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fur.inc.txt' (5 KB) Download 'worm.inc.txt' (2 KB) Download 'admacros.inc.txt' (1 KB) Download 'example.pov.txt' (1 KB)

the example.pov failed when i attempted a render:

#local PosMin = min_extent <----ERROR

fur.inc:48  error:  cannot assign uninitialized identifier.

i copied all the files.  do i need to read all the documentation
and change a few lines before i run the example code?

thanks, miker

Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message
> Here's the first version of my fur generator. Note that it requires the
> Superpatch. I have tried to document the parameters, but if somethng is
> unclear, feel free to ask. Also, if you have any comments or suggestions
for
> improvements, I'd be glad to hear them. Of especial interest would be
ideas
> for improving the Wind calculations...
> Attached are 4 files:
> fur.inc - the fur generator's sampling macro; this is the one you have to
> #include in your scene;
> worm.inc - macro for creating the hairs (it is called from within
fur.inc);
> admacros.inc - a few additional macros required by fur.inc and worm.inc
(but
> useful elsewhere, too);
> example.pov - a simple example scene;
>
> Enjoy!