POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: csg and heightfields Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg and heightfields (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dylan Hall
Subject: Re: csg and heightfields
Date: 1 Aug 1998 08:58:03
Message: <35C3029F.FD56984@pegasus.com.au>
Matthew Mc Clement wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know if it is pssible to use heightfields in a CSG object?
> I've tried but I can't seem to do it, and the pov docs were of little
> help....
>
> Cheers, Matthew

i think the height field is just a surface defined by the image file,
rather than a solid object, so it'd probably be pretty usless in CSG. i
don't know, i havn't played with it, but i think that'd be the cause of
your problem.

Dylan.

Post a reply to this message

It is possible. I did one recently just to prove it's possible.
I was able to add a tunnel through a heightfeild created
mountain.
K.Tyler