POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  povmodeler (Message 32 to 41 of 51)
From: jr
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 17 Nov 2019 16:35:01
Message: <web.5dd1bccdf7e9e652feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> > > Nice!   I will.
> > > inxi -Fx gives me Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia - I'll let you know how the debian
> > > packages work out with these.
> >
> > Installed a Linux Mint 18.3 and checked it. I would not expect it to run. I can
> > not even build it on this distro. Should not be a big problem. But must check
> > how to not break my build environment.
>
> Completed. Even it feels like a hack. But it produced something. The packages
> have been updated and a package for the Mint-18.3 is here
>
> https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.4-linuxmint-18.3.deb
>
> But as I checked it only in the debian-10 VM and my own fedora-30 it may fail to
> work.

sounds promising.  will you, in due course, release a source tarball?  (the
preferred format for Slackware)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: Dick Balaska
Date: 17 Nov 2019 16:43:51
Message: <5dd1bf17$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/17/19 4:34 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,

> sounds promising.  will you, in due course, release a source tarball?  (the
> preferred format for Slackware)

You could clone the source

https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler

--
dik
Rendered 24,551,424,000 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (59%)

Post a reply to this message

From: simbad
Date: 17 Nov 2019 17:10:00
Message: <web.5dd1c45ef7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 11/17/19 4:34 PM, jr wrote:
> > hi,
>

> > sounds promising.  will you, in due course, release a source tarball?  (the
> > preferred format for Slackware)
> >

> You could clone the source
>
> https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler
>
> --
> dik
> Rendered 24,551,424,000 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (59%)

Yeah....
The packages are produced from the branch named "original".

All other branches are somewhat out of sync. So unusable, already modified a
lot.

Post a reply to this message