POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler Server Time
28 Sep 2021 16:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  povmodeler (Message 11 to 20 of 51)  
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: simbad
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 28 Oct 2019 10:40:00
Message: <web.5db6fc94f7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
If you try that it will be best if I would give you starting point. As I merged
may way of a new UI into the master you will have only limited luck on building
something that will fit anyones need ;)

Will give a ping here, for all who think it is worth it.

Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 10/27/19 11:13 AM, Dick Balaska wrote:
>
> >
> > Then I got a little depressed because that dead-ends my fork from yours
> > and eticres'.  But I will finish the debian package because I actually
> > have a couple of use cases for povmodeler coming up in my movie.
> >
> >
>
> Bleh, apparently I was working from the original eticre version.
> It still has a several KDEisms in it.
> I found yours at https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler
> and I'm going to punt my copy and start over from yours.
>
>
> --
> dik
> Rendered 18,496,512,000 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (45%)


Post a reply to this message

From: simbad
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 28 Oct 2019 11:45:01
Message: <web.5db70c6cf7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
I created a branch on my fork named 'original'.
https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler/tree/original
That contains a runnable, at least for me, version of my base. There are some
changes already made to the source. But let us see how it work out.

First thing is the building of the povmodeler. So I changed the CMakeLists.txt

Please check. Ping!


Post a reply to this message

From: simbad
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 28 Oct 2019 14:10:00
Message: <web.5db72eaef7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
"simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> I created a branch on my fork named 'original'.
> https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler/tree/original
> That contains a runnable, at least for me, version of my base. There are some
> changes already made to the source. But let us see how it work out.
>
> First thing is the building of the povmodeler. So I changed the CMakeLists.txt
>
> Please check. Ping!

I checked it on a debian-10 VM. Building is no problem if all standard packages
that are needed to build anything are available. But its crashing. Found the
point, but will fix it tomorrow.


Post a reply to this message

From: simbad
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 29 Oct 2019 12:55:01
Message: <web.5db86e3ff7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
On https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler/tree/original I have a version ready
that may do it on a debian installation.

I did checkout this branch on my debian-10 VM did a

make install

and afterwards find a povmodeler desktop icon in the gnome3 activities overview.
A click on the Icon starts the povmodeler.

Please check it.


Post a reply to this message

From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 31 Oct 2019 16:32:03
Message: <5dbb44c3$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/29/19 12:52 PM, simbad wrote:
> On https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler/tree/original I have a version ready
> that may do it on a debian installation.

> 
> Please check it.
> 
> 

What are you using for an IDE?

-- 
dik
Rendered 21,270,988,800 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (51%)


Post a reply to this message

From: simbad
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 31 Oct 2019 16:50:05
Message: <web.5dbb4845f7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 10/29/19 12:52 PM, simbad wrote:
> > On https://github.com/tribad/povmodeler/tree/original I have a version ready
> > that may do it on a debian installation.
>
> >
> > Please check it.
> >
> >
>
> What are you using for an IDE?
>
> --
> dik
> Rendered 21,270,988,800 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (51%)

Qtcreator


Post a reply to this message

From: simbad
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 2 Nov 2019 05:00:01
Message: <web.5dbd4435f7e9e6529cfad62f0@news.povray.org>
I did create a debian-10 package.
Could be downloaded here https://simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb

This is my first try ever to create a debian package. It will evolve over time.

RPM is coming next.


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 2 Nov 2019 21:55:01
Message: <web.5dbe3307f7e9e6524eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> I did create a debian-10 package.
> Could be downloaded here https://simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb
>
> This is my first try ever to create a debian package. It will evolve over time.

I opened it in Mint's Package Installer, and got:
"Error: dependency is not satisfiable: libglx0"

I tried sudo apt-get install libglx0 (and libglx and libgl) but it couldn't find
any such package to install.   So I'm not sure what I need to install or where
to install it from...

then I tried this:

sudo dpkg -i povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb
[sudo] password for oem:
Selecting previously unselected package povmodeler.
(Reading database ... 288574 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb ...
Unpacking povmodeler (0.1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of povmodeler:
 povmodeler depends on libglx0; however:
  Package libglx0 is not installed.
 povmodeler depends on libopengl0; however:
  Package libopengl0 is not installed.
 povmodeler depends on libqt5core5a (>= 5.11.0~rc1); however:
  Version of libqt5core5a:amd64 on system is 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.6.
 povmodeler depends on libqt5gui5 (>= 5.7.0); however:
  Version of libqt5gui5:amd64 on system is 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.6.
 povmodeler depends on libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.11.0~rc1); however:
  Version of libqt5widgets5:amd64 on system is 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.6.

I'll work on it for a little while, but I'm trying this at the end of the day...
:O


Post a reply to this message

From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 3 Nov 2019 01:29:39
Message: <5dbe65c3$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/2/19 9:53 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> 
> "simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> I did create a debian-10 package.
>> Could be downloaded here https://simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb
>>
>> This is my first try ever to create a debian package. It will evolve over time.
> 
> I opened it in Mint's Package Installer, and got:
> "Error: dependency is not satisfiable: libglx0"
> 
> I tried sudo apt-get install libglx0 (and libglx and libgl) but it couldn't find
> any such package to install.   So I'm not sure what I need to install or where
> to install it from...
> 
> then I tried this:
> 
> sudo dpkg -i povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb
> [sudo] password for oem:
> Selecting previously unselected package povmodeler.
> (Reading database ... 288574 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack povmodeler-0.1-Linux.deb ...
> Unpacking povmodeler (0.1) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of povmodeler:
>   povmodeler depends on libglx0; however:
>    Package libglx0 is not installed.
>   povmodeler depends on libopengl0; however:
>    Package libopengl0 is not installed.
>   povmodeler depends on libqt5core5a (>= 5.11.0~rc1); however:
>    Version of libqt5core5a:amd64 on system is 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.6.
>   povmodeler depends on libqt5gui5 (>= 5.7.0); however:
>    Version of libqt5gui5:amd64 on system is 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.6.
>   povmodeler depends on libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.11.0~rc1); however:
>    Version of libqt5widgets5:amd64 on system is 5.5.1+dfsg-16ubuntu7.6.
> 
> I'll work on it for a little while, but I'm trying this at the end of the day...
> :O
> 
> 

I have libglx0 and libopengl0 [1], but I'm not sure where they came 
from. AFAICT they are in the normal mint/ubuntu repos. The home page 
listed below contains just the source, not a .deb package.  The only 
custom repos in /etc/apt/sources.list.d point to my own stuff (like 
qtpovray).

The Qt >= 5.11 is problematic.  That is way too new to be in any debian 
distros. Baldy is Mint 19.1 with QT 5.5.  I am Mint 19.2 (newest 
version, 2 months old) and that is QT 5.9.

Simbad, my reading of
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/ch08.en.html#cmake-single
says you ran some cmake command which generated the debian folder, then 
you ran something else to build the .deb.  You should edit the 
debian/control file and remove the versions from the dependencies and 
try to let the packager figure it out.
You run the risk of using a qt5 feature newer than 5.5, but it's a low 
risk.  I had a couple of issues solved like this:
https://github.com/dickbalaska/qtpovray/blob/qtpovray/qt/gui/editor/codeeditor.cpp#L114

qtpovray's control looks like this:
https://github.com/dickbalaska/qtpovray/blob/qtpovray/debian/control

I find it mush easier to keep the debian folder around as a native part 
of the source tree rather than continually recreating and editing them.

Another example is, your icons aren't quite right. These need to move:
hi16-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/povmodeler.png
hi22-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/povmodeler.png
hi32-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/povmodeler.png
hi48-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/povmodeler.png

and then in your povmodeler.desktop the icon reference is just 
povmodeler.  You can either hack debian/rules to move and rename them, 
like this:
https://github.com/dickbalaska/slyther-debian/blob/master/rules
or just reorg them in the source tree, and reference them normally.

---

[1] $ apt-cache show libglx0
Package: libglx0
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1.0.0-2ubuntu2.3
Multi-Arch: same
Priority: extra
Section: libs
Source: libglvnd
Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubu### [at] listsubuntucom>
Original-Maintainer: Debian X Strike Force <deb### [at] listsdebianorg>
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Installed-Size: 90
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libglvnd0 (= 1.0.0-2ubuntu2.3), libx11-6 (>= 
2:1.4.99.1), libglx-mesa0
Breaks: libgl1-mesa-glx (<< 18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04), libglvnd0 (<< 
0.2.999+git20170201-1)
Replaces: libgl1-mesa-glx (<< 18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04), libglvnd0 (<< 
0.2.999+git20170201-1)
Filename: pool/main/libg/libglvnd/libglx0_1.0.0-2ubuntu2.3_amd64.deb
Size: 28088
MD5sum: 312d48ae120aeba38800cf0eba14d139
SHA1: 65dfb7b0292b18c98710105fef352278df87c041
SHA256: 11d56b939271cac02b251dcc53630aec86aa66fc9433f3b63e3c6806580b20e8
Homepage: https://github.com/NVIDIA/libglvnd
Description-en: Vendor neutral GL dispatch library -- GLX support
  This is an implementation of the vendor-neutral dispatch layer for
  arbitrating OpenGL API calls between multiple vendors on a per-screen 
basis.
  .
  This package contains support for GLX.

-- 
dik
Rendered 22,077,619,200 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (53%)


Post a reply to this message

From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: povmodeler
Date: 3 Nov 2019 01:32:54
Message: <5dbe6686$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/3/19 1:29 AM, Dick Balaska wrote:

> 
> Another example is, your icons aren't quite right. These need to move:
> hi16-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/povmodeler.png
> hi22-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/povmodeler.png
> hi32-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/povmodeler.png
> hi48-app-kpovmodeler.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/povmodeler.png

Sorry, these are wrong.  The correct directories are

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/povmodeler.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/povmodeler.png

etc.
-- 
dik
Rendered 22,077,619,200 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (53%)


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.