POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Camera Shift (2) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:55:29 EDT (-0400)
  Camera Shift (2) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: karpov
Subject: Camera Shift (2)
Date: 21 Feb 2008 14:10:01
Message: <web.47bdcbd793eb4592e31c21340@news.povray.org>
Hi !

I've "added a new function" to povray called "Camera Shift".
It enable to render the view with a shift to left/right | up/down.
(Based on Blender shift camera )
I use it for architectural rendering.

So I tweak the render.ccp code with this :

function : create_ray()
case : perspective camera

x0 = ( x / (DBL)Frame.Screen_Width - 0.5) + shiftx  ;
y0 = (((DBL)(Frame.Screen_Height ) - y -1)  / (DBL)Frame.Screen_Height -0.5  ) +
shifty * right ;

....but I've got problems with Bounding Box :(

See this image :

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=2zri2zmfrbj&thumb=4

When I turn off Bounding Box it works but slow down too much the rendering.

Any clue ?

Milovann
- Sorry for my english  :) -

Post a reply to this message

> I've "added a new function" to povray called "Camera Shift".
> It enable to render the view with a shift to left/right | up/down.
> (Based on Blender shift camera )
> I use it for architectural rendering.
>
> So I tweak the render.ccp code with this :
>
> function : create_ray()
> case : perspective camera
>
> x0 = ( x / (DBL)Frame.Screen_Width - 0.5) + shiftx  ;
> y0 = (((DBL)(Frame.Screen_Height ) - y -1)  / (DBL)Frame.Screen_Height -0.5  ) +
> shifty * right ;
>
> ....but I've got problems with Bounding Box :(
>
> See this image :
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=2zri2zmfrbj&thumb=4
>
> When I turn off Bounding Box it works but slow down too much the rendering.
>
> Any clue ?
>

> Milovann
> - Sorry for my english  :) -

   Don't be sorry for your english we can read and understand you !!!

   In question about the new function you added to the code, OK ! But I think if
it could be added as inserted module could be much better.... don't you think
like Apache Web Server ????.... Changes to core code would be simpler and
maintenance of your contributions much more if you would like to add more
functionalty. I suggest we all send this idea (povray functionality added by
modules) to the central core development team to add this to the next
generation of povray just to make it not only more powerfull, easy to make code
maintenance , help who want to contribute with code and much more.... Tell me
what you think ......