POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help with c code Server Time
2 May 2024 15:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Help with c code (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: m1j
Subject: Help with c code
Date: 30 Jun 2006 09:55:00
Message: <web.44a52c134665a505b247013d0@news.povray.org>
I have been trying to write a simple function to step through the UV of a 4
point plane that is perpendicular to the norm of a point located at a
distance from the point having a width and a height. So in other words a
viewing plane with a camera location and a screen center location. I was
trying to return the 3D point on the view plane given the U and V values of
the plane and at the same time always orient up to a given norm. This sounds
like something simple and I thought it was but for the life of me I can not
seem to get my brain it catch the math for this.

Is there anyone here that would be willing to put this C function together
for me with comments and explanations?

I want it to have input parameters of Camera location, View plane center
location, up, width, height, U, V. I need it to return the 3D point that is
on the view plane at the U and V location.

My attempts end up warping or skewing the image if the angle is not flat
with the horizon.

Thanks in advance.

m1j### [at] redmuddesigncom