POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Modifying Particle Engine Server Time
2 May 2024 21:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Modifying Particle Engine (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Andares
Subject: Modifying Particle Engine
Date: 27 Nov 2005 18:25:01
Message: <web.438a3fdd9dc377e2fff4e1930@news.povray.org>
Hey,

I'm not very knowledgable on photon engines but what basically happens is
that particles hit a surface and refract at an opposite angle, correct? (Of
course it's probably more complicated than that)

I'm trying to create a sort of imprecise virtual wind-tunnel by making
povray print the average difference in angle refraction (like angle 45 to
-45 would be 45*2), which would later be calibrated with other software to
give drag output.

Also, if possible, I'd like to modify the engine itself to work more towards
the physics of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). Of course, creating a
full-scale precise wind-tunnel would be an entirely different project
altogether but a quick hack could be pulled off that would give reasonably
good results, no?

Sorry if I've overlapped other topics -- I'm new to these boards.

Thank you!