POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 3ds -> pov, c++ open source lib? Server Time
17 May 2024 07:40:23 EDT (-0400)
  3ds -> pov, c++ open source lib? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Felix
Subject: 3ds -> pov, c++ open source lib?
Date: 15 Jun 2005 09:45:01
Message: <web.42b0309eb9580dd145a45dce0@news.povray.org>
hi,
i need to write a *.3ds to *.pov converter in c++. i have been looking
around for quiet a while, but the only one i found is 3ds2pov.
- is there any other c++ library or tool/converter with source code (!)?
- 3ds2pov seams to be old (1994?!), is it still usable?

thx, felix

Post a reply to this message

> i need to write a *.3ds to *.pov converter in c++. i have been looking
> around for quiet a while, but the only one i found is 3ds2pov.
> - is there any other c++ library or tool/converter with source code (!)?
> - 3ds2pov seams to be old (1994?!), is it still usable?
>
> thx, felix

I found this sourceforge selection that seems to look like what you are
interested in. I didn't really look very closely, but it may at least be
helpful. :)
Good luck.

Post a reply to this message

From: Halbert
Date: 22 Jun 2005 23:29:09
Message: <42ba2c85@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> Felix wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> i need to write a *.3ds to *.pov converter in c++. i have been looking
>> around for quiet a while, but the only one i found is 3ds2pov.
>> - is there any other c++ library or tool/converter with source code (!)?
>> - 3ds2pov seams to be old (1994?!), is it still usable?
>>
>> thx, felix
>>

> I found this sourceforge selection that seems to look like what you are
> interested in. I didn't really look very closely, but it may at least be
> helpful. :)
> Good luck.

sorry :o)
here's the link.