POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ellipsoid intersection Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:31:47 EDT (-0400)
  Ellipsoid intersection (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Nigglefish
Subject: Ellipsoid intersection
Date: 27 Jul 2004 11:40:01
Message: <web.410676686ffa018f4ef218200@news.povray.org>
Can someone please explain how the MTransNormal() function works? I'm
implementing a ray tracer but I am getting strange reflections when I apply
non-uniform transformations to spheres. I guess this is because of how I am
applying transformations to normals when transforming from object space
(containing an origin centered unit sphere) to world space. And I suspect
this seperate function is the key to solving my problems... but I just
can't quite make sense of it all yet. Is this why the function is
different??? Am I even on the right track? (I know, I know: I need to brush
up on my matrix math big-time.)

Cheers in advance!

Post a reply to this message