POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling povray v3.50c in Linux with non-gcc compilers (PGI/Portland Group= Server Time
1 Jul 2024 07:09:11 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling povray v3.50c in Linux with non-gcc compilers (PGI/Portland Group= (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ElJefe
Subject: Compiling povray v3.50c in Linux with non-gcc compilers (PGI/Portland Group=
Date: 16 Jan 2004 19:05:01
Message: <web.40087b33a4f3a12d73ad4ac30@news.povray.org>
Greetings,

Does anyone have experience compiling povray 3.50c under Linux using a
non-gcc compiler suite? I am running on AMD Opteron processors and was
curious to see if povray performance wouold improve (and by how much) using
an arch optimized compiler suite like Portland Group or Absoft.

Also, if anyone has used gcc to compile povray and used AMD's AMKL math
kernel libs I'd be interested in your results and any differences in
performance.

If I am proceeding down a senseless tangent feel free to tell me so.. =)

Thanks,

Jeff

Post a reply to this message