POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compile a 64-bit version of Povray on Windows Server Time
1 Jul 2024 07:05:10 EDT (-0400)
  Compile a 64-bit version of Povray on Windows (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Judy Hopkins
Subject: Compile a 64-bit version of Povray on Windows
Date: 16 Dec 2003 19:30:02
Message: <web.3fdfa337576c20ec53e0ca340@news.povray.org>
I downloaded the Povray source code and compiled a 64-bit version of it for
WindowXP-64bit.  When I tested it against the 64-bit machine, it complained
that there were registry entries missing.  So I installed Povray as what I
did for a 32-bit windows.  The installation went O.K.  But obviously the
components installed donot match what's needed by a 64-bit Povray exe.  It
crashed.
Is there a 64-bit version installation?  I could not find anything on
the web.  Can anyone help me to make it work?  I used Intel 64-bit compiler
versin 8.0.

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:28:39 EST, "Judy Hopkins" <jho### [at] seismicmicrocom>
wrote:
> Is there a 64-bit version installation?  I could not find anything on
> the web.  Can anyone help me to make it work?  I used Intel 64-bit compiler
> versin 8.0.

Would be command line version sufficient ?
IIRC it is possible to compile with empty config.h and add there necessary
data when compilation process will request something or compiler specific
things needs adjustement.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>Would be command line version sufficient ?
>IIRC it is possible to compile with empty config.h and add there necessary
>data when compilation process will request something or compiler specific
>things needs adjustement.

Yes I can try command line version.  Please give more details.
Thanks:)

Post a reply to this message

> I downloaded the Povray source code and compiled a 64-bit version of it
for
> WindowXP-64bit.  When I tested it against the 64-bit machine, it
complained
> that there were registry entries missing.  So I installed Povray as what I
> did for a 32-bit windows.  The installation went O.K.  But obviously the
> components installed donot match what's needed by a 64-bit Povray exe.  It
> crashed.
> Is there a 64-bit version installation?  I could not find anything on
> the web.  Can anyone help me to make it work?  I used Intel 64-bit
compiler
> versin 8.0.
>
> Thanks!

Hello,

In Windows 64 bit, the registry is split into a 64 bit and 32bit namespace.
If you installed a 64 bit application with a 32 bit installer, you are out
of luck.
See: http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/25995/25995.html

--
Pascal.

Post a reply to this message

>In Windows 64 bit, the registry is split into a 64 bit and 32bit namespace.
>If you installed a 64 bit application with a 32 bit installer, you are out
>of luck.
>See: http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/25995/25995.html
>
>--
>Pascal.

how do I go about fixing it?  I've seen 64-bit Linux version working and
thought I could replicate it on the windows as well.

Post a reply to this message