POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Any word on a TTF fix? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:04:05 EDT (-0400)
  Any word on a TTF fix? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Marfan
Subject: Any word on a TTF fix?
Date: 7 Nov 2002 22:10:04
Message: <web.3dcb2ac9d0c7c46abb02884d0@news.povray.org>
Is there a 3rd party patch for povray 3.5 that fixes the garbled text
rendering?  I'm using elefont for now, but it's a little tedious.  Is there
anything else I can do?  Thanks

aim - marfan4
icq - 388136

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Subject: Re: Any word on a TTF fix?
Date: 8 Nov 2002 06:19:38
Message: <qu6nsucddbqnct5aueuci5dfptf14un5e7@4ax.com>
On Thu,  7 Nov 2002 22:08:57 EST, "Marfan" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Is there a 3rd party patch for povray 3.5 that fixes the garbled text
> rendering?

Would you like to be more precise? Are you referring some particular bug? My
English and dictionaries limits my understanding of 'garbled' in this context.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> Would you like to be more precise? Are you referring some particular bug? My
> English and dictionaries limits my understanding of 'garbled' in this context.

Mangled, mixed up, garbaged, trashed, corrupted. I don't know of any
text problems of this sort, he is probably using Unicode characters
wrong.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a 3rd party patch for povray 3.5 that fixes the garbled text
> rendering?  I'm using elefont for now, but it's a little tedious.  Is there
> anything else I can do?  Thanks

RTFM, section "6.11.6 Charset", section "6.5.1.13 Text" and of course
section "6.1.7.1 String Literals" and section "6.1.7.3 String Functions".

    Thorsten