POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help w/ borland linker error Server Time
17 May 2024 06:37:32 EDT (-0400)
  Help w/ borland linker error (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Vivi Orunitia
Subject: Help w/ borland linker error
Date: 23 Mar 2005 04:01:48
Message: <Xns9622A9FFA091Viviblackmagevillage@203.29.75.35>
Hi all,

I downloaded the latest source from the pov site and decided to give it a
try in building under borland's compiler. I had to make a few tweaks in
the makefile.bcc and one or two of the source files. Anyway, I got all
the source files to compile as well as the pvengine.rc file compiled but
the linking phase isn't working. The ilink32 keeps crashing with a
'Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated' error.

If I omit pvengine.res then everything links fine but the pvengine.exe
doesn't run. It gives the following error in a dialog box:

Editor DLL initialisation failed[LoadLibrary failed, code is 0000007e]

following that after clicking ok, another dialog box:

See the 'Internal Editor Reference' section in the help file

and then

Failed to load internal bitmap

and finally

pvengine.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...

I looked in the Tutorial and Reference manual but couldn't located the
'Internal Editor Reference' section that first dialog speaks of.

Finally, I did do the pov installation properly and that runs fine. Also,
the only thing I've changed in pv_engine.rc are the lines starting with

FONT 8 "...", x,x,x,x

into

FONT 8 "..."

since the borland resource compiler chokes with the extra parameters
after the string.

Any help on what the problem might be is appreciated

Thanks

Post a reply to this message