POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Recursive Library Searching?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Recursive Library Searching?? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Charles Krause
Subject: Recursive Library Searching??
Date: 1 Apr 1998 13:35:34
Message: <6fu11j$i7t$1@oz.aussie.org>
Another question :)

    Is it possible for POV-Ray to search the SUB-directories of it's include
Library Path?

    For example : If the library direcectory is c:\povray\includes, is there
a way to make it look in
c:\povray\includes\geometic_solids automatically? I know you can define up
to 10 seperate library paths, but I'd really like to organize all my
includes ( and there are ALOT since I started grabbing stuff off the net
:> ), and I would definatly use more than 10. Is this the domain of another
patch, or can you force this in 'vanillia POV'?

Post a reply to this message

I don't believe that it's possible in povray to get recursive path
searching, but you can specify partial subpaths.  For example, if you had
tree includes in a subdirectory named tree off of the standard include
directory, you could use
#include "tree/somefile.inc"
to get to it.  Don't know if that is an acceptable compromise for you or
not, but it's my best suggestion.

Ken