POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OpenEXR output Server Time
2 May 2024 12:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  OpenEXR output (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ray Gardener
Subject: OpenEXR output
Date: 1 Feb 2006 04:08:33
Message: <43e07a91$1@news.povray.org>
Is anyone working on (either in POV-Ray or MegaPOV) OpenEXR output? If
not, I've worked out a simple standalone OpenEXR RGB file generator that
doesn't require the ILM libs.

Ray

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: OpenEXR output
Date: 1 Feb 2006 07:50:03
Message: <drqanh$muv$1@chho.imagico.de>
Ray Gardener wrote:
> Is anyone working on (either in POV-Ray or MegaPOV) OpenEXR output? If
> not, I've worked out a simple standalone OpenEXR RGB file generator that
> doesn't require the ILM libs.

OpenEXR support has been (partly) implemented in the current 3.7 beta.
There are no plans currently to independently add it to MegaPOV.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)

> OpenEXR support has been (partly) implemented in the current 3.7 beta.

  Does "partly" here mean "reading supported, writing not yet"?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>>OpenEXR support has been (partly) implemented in the current 3.7 beta.
>

>   Does "partly" here mean "reading supported, writing not yet"?

No, partly means the possibilities of the OpenEXR format are only used
to a very limited extent.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)

> No, partly means the possibilities of the OpenEXR format are only used
> to a very limited extent.

  What are those?

--
                                                          - Warp