POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Parsing/Directives Server Time
2 May 2024 12:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Parsing/Directives (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Paul Senzee
Subject: Parsing/Directives
Date: 17 Jan 2006 21:22:29
Message: <43cda665$1@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I'm rewriting the parser for my pov2mesh application
(http://www.geocities.com/psenzee/pov2mesh/) and I've got a question about
how directives are handled in pov.  Are the directives in POV a logically
separate phase like a C preprocessor?

In the pov bnf, things like

#if ( BOOL )  TOKENS ...

lead me to believe that it's a separate phase, but then there are other
restrictions on when and where certain directives can be used that are not
consistent with a separate 'preprocessor'.  Any info about this would be
great!

Thanks!

Paul Senzee

Post a reply to this message