POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : can't stop rendering via my guiext Server Time
17 May 2024 07:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  can't stop rendering via my guiext (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Hugo
Subject: can't stop rendering via my guiext
Date: 27 Oct 2005 02:42:01
Message: <436076b9@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I wrote a guiext for Pov-Ray for Windows V3.6 ( as part of a little
project of mine ) but there is no way I can stop the render via my
guiext; When I try everything seems fine, the Pov-Ray message window
shows a line "Rendering stopped by GUI extension" but POV continues
tracing happily until the image is complete. The only difference is the
final render message: "Render canceled by user" instead of the usual
"POV-Ray finished".

Because I have no clue why this is happening, I've tried to set the
interruption options 'Test_Abort' and 'Test_Abort_Count' in a .ini file,
but as I already suspected it makes no difference.

Anyone experienced in writing guiext for Pov-Ray?
Any Ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Hugo.