POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Rendered File Server Time
17 May 2024 06:02:23 EDT (-0400)
  Rendered File (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Josh
Subject: Rendered File
Date: 8 Jul 2005 07:11:13
Message: <42ce5f51@news.povray.org>
Can anyone tell me if the rendered file ( the bmp) is locked during a
render.  I'm planning on executing POV from the command line and displaying
the image in my own application ( so read only) as it is being rendered.
But if the file gets locked I'm going to have to come up with something
else.

Post a reply to this message

Could be wrong here, but AFAIR reading from a locked file is allowed,
just writing to it is forbidden.

HTH,
Florian

Post a reply to this message

> Could be wrong here, but AFAIR reading from a locked file is allowed,
> just writing to it is forbidden.

it depends on the type of lock.

see flock(2) and fcntl(2).

-tom