POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Perl Interface Server Time
17 May 2024 03:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  Perl Interface (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rick Measham
Subject: Perl Interface
Date: 10 Mar 2005 01:39:52
Message: <422febb8@news.povray.org>
I seem to recall seeing mention of such a thing someplace, but I can't
find it any more.

If it doesn't exist, I'll probably start hacking.

That being the case, here's a question I hope can be answered. Does a
'while' loop in SDL save anything on the processing side?

ie, If I have a scene with 100 boxes, does POV-Ray prefer that I have a
loop or that I have 100 boxes, or doe it not matter.

I imagine it doesn't matter.

In a while loop the file is quicker to read, however it needs to parse
the loop which is processor time.

With 100 boxes the file takes longer to read, but there is no looping
that needs to be taken care of.

Experts?

Post a reply to this message