POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : a way to use jitter in animation without flicker Server Time
17 May 2024 04:06:24 EDT (-0400)
  a way to use jitter in animation without flicker (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: inhahe
Subject: a way to use jitter in animation without flicker
Date: 10 Feb 2005 22:06:55
Message: <420c214f@news.povray.org>
If i understand correctly what causes flickers when using jitter in
animation, then fixing the problem is a simple task of making the
pseudo-random jitter offset of a super-sample a function of the
super-sample's [pre-jitter] position on the screen.

in order to make it consistent for all frames.

for example if the super-sample position is 612 and 1/5th pixels from the
left and 82 pixels from the top you could deterministically derive a random
number from that value.

(or however their positions are internally represented)

doesn't seem like it would be too hard, there are no drawbacks, and you
could use jitter with animation flicker-free.

Post a reply to this message