POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compile 3.6 source on VC6? Server Time
15 Jun 2024 05:36:00 EDT (-0400)
  Compile 3.6 source on VC6? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Pontius
Subject: Compile 3.6 source on VC6?
Date: 26 Sep 2004 16:03:36
Message: <41572098$1@news.povray.org>
I see that the windows source for version 3.6 only comes with project files
for Visual Studio .NET.

I only have VS 6.

Has anyone tried compiling it with VC6? If so, is there somewhere to
download the workspace/project files? I've looked around and couldn't find
anything.

thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I see that the windows source for version 3.6 only comes with project files
> for Visual Studio .NET.
>
> I only have VS 6.
>
> Has anyone tried compiling it with VC6? If so, is there somewhere to
> download the workspace/project files? I've looked around and couldn't find

POV-Ray will not compile because the VC 6 compiler does not support all
standard features of C++.  VC 6 is very old (six years iirc).  You will need
VC 7.1 (aka VC 2003) to compile the POV-Ray source code.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In article <41572098$1@news.povray.org> , "Pontius" <mfb### [at] mchsicom>
> wrote:
>
> > I see that the windows source for version 3.6 only comes with project
files
> > for Visual Studio .NET.
> >
> > I only have VS 6.
> >
> > Has anyone tried compiling it with VC6? If so, is there somewhere to
> > download the workspace/project files? I've looked around and couldn't
find

> POV-Ray will not compile because the VC 6 compiler does not support all
> standard features of C++.  VC 6 is very old (six years iirc).  You will
need
> VC 7.1 (aka VC 2003) to compile the POV-Ray source code.

which you can get for free here, just in case you didn't know:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Thies