POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Program to reassemble tiles into a full image Server Time
27 Jul 2024 18:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Program to reassemble tiles into a full image (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Subject: Program to reassemble tiles into a full image
Date: 7 Aug 2004 20:31:30
Message: <41157462$1@news.povray.org>
Hey fellow POV-Ray hackers,

     Do you know of a program that will run under linux and recombine a
set of image tiles into one image? Preferably PNG 24 and 48-bit would be
supported. Also, will it cope with the tile images output by POV-Ray
(which have their dimensions incorrectly specified to allow continued
tracing) ?

Thanks,
George

--
-------------------------
George Pantazopoulos

Post a reply to this message

>     Do you know of a program that will run under linux and recombine a
> set of image tiles into one image? Preferably PNG 24 and 48-bit would be
> supported. Also, will it cope with the tile images output by POV-Ray
> (which have their dimensions incorrectly specified to allow continued
> tracing) ?

Have a look at ImageMagick:

http://www.imagemagick.org/

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net

Post a reply to this message

>>     Do you know of a program that will run under linux and recombine a
>> set of image tiles into one image? Preferably PNG 24 and 48-bit would
>> be supported. Also, will it cope with the tile images output by
>> POV-Ray (which have their dimensions incorrectly specified to allow
>> continued tracing) ?
>

> Have a look at ImageMagick:
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/

The last of these examples for "montage";

http://www.imagemagick.org/www/montage.html#mont-exam

- seems to be somewhat similar to your problem.

I don't know much about ImageMagick, so I'm not
sure if it can help you with your problem.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net

Post a reply to this message

>     Do you know of a program that will run under linux and recombine a
> set of image tiles into one image? Preferably PNG 24 and 48-bit would be
> supported. Also, will it cope with the tile images output by POV-Ray
> (which have their dimensions incorrectly specified to allow continued
> tracing) ?

POV-Anywhere comes with a command line tool to assemble partial renders
in ppm format to a large image.  It supports both 24 bit and 48 bit
images but it is not very fault tolerant, the tiles should have the
correct size without gaps and overlaps.

http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/povany/index.html

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Anywhere comes with a command line tool to assemble partial renders
> in ppm format to a large image.  It supports both 24 bit and 48 bit
> images but it is not very fault tolerant, the tiles should have the
> correct size without gaps and overlaps.
>
> http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/povany/index.html
>
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

    Your povtile program works wonderfully. Thanks for making it!

George

--
George Pantazopoulos