POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003 (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Ryan Lamansky
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003
Date: 5 May 2004 13:48:15
Message: <409928df@news.povray.org>
"can i redefine the project as a win32 console mode project"

Yes.  I'm not exactly sure what's involved, but I would explore deleting the
entire "Windows Source" parts of the project and trying to wire up "main" in
povray.cpp.

"with the intention to not display any window, and only save the rendered
file as operating in background mode"

The POV-Ray license (povlegal.doc) is pretty clear in that you can't do
this.  You're not allowed to obscure the fact that POV-Ray is generating the
image.

See http://www.povray.org/povlegal.html and scroll to the PERMITTED
MODIFICATION AND CUSTOM VERSIONS section.

You can legally obtain a similar effect by implementing a UI extension that
controls POV-Ray from another application.

-Ryan