POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ga Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Ga (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Andrew Coppin v2
Subject: Re: Ga
Date: 20 Jan 2004 15:44:32
Message: <400d9330$1@news.povray.org>
> > I presume the source code download on the website is for v3.5, as
released.
> > Is the current development source availible only to "official"
developers?

> Indeed, source code access is by invitation only.

OK. (Presumably to prevent a "too many cooks" situation?)

But anyone who wants to can download and alter the source? (Subject to the
license terms of course.)

Sorry to be nosy!

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Jan 2004 16:02:58
Message: <400d9782@news.povray.org>
In article <400d9330$1@news.povray.org> , "Andrew Coppin v2"
<and### [at] btinernetcom> wrote:

>> Indeed, source code access is by invitation only.
>
> OK. (Presumably to prevent a "too many cooks" situation?)

No, to prevent people distributing non-time limited versions of development
code.  So happened a long time ago (I have been told an almost as long time
ago)...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde