POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Need to return to calling program Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need to return to calling program (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Need to return to calling program
Date: 14 Oct 2003 13:31:05
Message: <3f8c32d9@news.povray.org>
In article <3f8b1c62$1@news.povray.org> , "Bob Rasmussen"
<bob### [at] comcastnet> wrote:

> There is a caution on the PovRay web site about switching to 3.5 over
> 3.1.  I wasn't sure that files created in 3.1 were compatible with 3.5.

Did you actually read that note at all???  It says "Note that some 3.1
scenes that used features marked as 'experimental' may not render in version
3.5. If you have any such scene files we recommend that you keep your copy
of version 3.1 installed."

In particular, also note the second sentence!  Besides, how can a text file
not be compatible with another such that you could not simply try and
"downgrade" to the old version of POV-Ray should there really be a problem,
not that there is?  And not that POV-Ray is so enormous in size that you
cannot keep two versions of it installed at the same time. ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>  And not that POV-Ray is so enormous in size that you
> cannot keep two versions of it installed at the same time. ;-)

I have, like, 15 versions scattered around my hard drive :^}