POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [Fwd:] Torus bug fix Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  [Fwd:] Torus bug fix (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Subject: [Fwd:] Torus bug fix
Date: 3 Aug 2003 06:11:57
Message: <3f2cdfed@news.povray.org>
Originally from Lars C. Hassing <pov### [at] hassingsdk> on p.general:

Please see this torus bug fix:
http://www.hassings.dk/l3/povtorus/povtorus.html
/Lars

Post a reply to this message

From: Wolfgang Wieser
Subject: Re: [Fwd:] Torus bug fix
Date: 3 Aug 2003 06:19:15
Message: <3f2ce1a2@news.povray.org>
Lars C. Hassing wrote:

> Please see this torus bug fix:
> http://www.hassings.dk/l3/povtorus/povtorus.html

You'll laugh, but some months ago, I was modeling a spherical lens
(using intersection of two spheres) and wanted to look at a spiral
made of consecutive half-tori.

Looking at it from a large distance, I observed major disortions.
(See posting "Torus bug fix: images" on p.b.i)

With Lars' patch applied things look great again.

Wolfgang