POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A media bug I've noticed Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  A media bug I've noticed (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Slime
Subject: A media bug I've noticed
Date: 1 May 2003 21:47:55
Message: <3eb1ce4b$1@news.povray.org>
If you're using method 3, and specify the number of samples like so:

samples 20, 2000 // min 20, max 2000

It allocates enough memory for 2000 samples (plus AA), even though the
documentation says that the maximum number of samples is ignored for method
3. Compare the above example to "samples 20,20" and notice the speedup
during parsing.

I suggest that, when method 3 is used, only the minimum number of samples is
considered for memory allocation.

(OK, I just noticed that it lets you specify only a single number after the
word "samples." Still, when two numbers are specified, I think it should
ignore the max.)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]