POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : compiling problems (win2k, vc7) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:39:05 EDT (-0400)
  compiling problems (win2k, vc7) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Apache
Subject: compiling problems (win2k, vc7)
Date: 6 Jan 2003 22:09:59
Message: <3e1a4507$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to compile POV-Ray (windows 2000 version) so I can test some
radiosity distributions.
Some problems arise: "error MIDL2035 : constant expression expected". To
precise I'm getting this fatal error four times in codemax's "edit.idl",
lines 2506, 2507, 2513 and 2514:

[
 propput,
 id(DISPID_CMPROP_NORMALIZECASE),   // <<---- 1ST TIME
 helpcontext(HELPID_CMPROP_NORMALIZECASE),   // <<---- 2ND TIME
 helpstring("Language keyword case fixup on-the-fly (on/off)")
]
HRESULT NormalizeCase([in]VARIANT_BOOL bVal);
[
 propget,
 id(DISPID_CMPROP_NORMALIZECASE),   // <<---- 3RD TIME
 helpcontext(HELPID_CMPROP_NORMALIZECASE),   // <<---- 4TH TIME
 helpstring("Language keyword case fixup on-the-fly (on/off)")
]
HRESULT NormalizeCase([out, retval]VARIANT_BOOL *pbVal);

Hope someone could help me out  :-)

Regards,
Apache

Post a reply to this message

I had the same thing.  If you refer to the readme first file, it says that
you don't need to compile the codemax stuff if you're not making something
special (and if so you need to use the Borland compiler to do it.)  Those
files are in there for easy access... I just removed the .idl file from the
project and it compiles fine.

--- Troy S. Ristow