POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Unable to compile mlpov 0.81 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Unable to compile mlpov 0.81 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Andreas Kreisig
Subject: Unable to compile mlpov 0.81
Date: 24 Dec 2002 19:13:21
Message: <3e08f821@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I tried to compile mlpov 0.81, an HDRI patch developed by Mael, but I
allways get this error:

parstxtr.o: In function `Parse_Image(int)':
parstxtr.o(.text+0x4a8): undefined reference to
`Read_HDR_Image(Image_Struct*, char*)'
tokenize.o: In function `Initialize_Tokenizer()':
tokenize.o(.text+0x2ea): undefined reference to
`pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)'
tokenize.o: In function `Get_Token()':
tokenize.o(.text+0x95c): undefined reference to
`pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)'
tokenize.o(.text+0xccc): undefined reference to
`pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)'
tokenize.o(.text+0xd64): undefined reference to
`pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)'
tokenize.o(.text+0xd8b): undefined reference to
`pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)'
tokenize.o(.text+0xe51): more undefined references to
`pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [povray] Fehler 1

make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

Well, I'm not a programmer but it seems that the coresponding header files
are missed. The file parstxtr.cpp and tokenize.cpp are changed by Mael, but
I can't find parstxtr.h and tokenize.h in the patched sources. So when I
start to compile the source, the old (original POV-Ray 3.5) ones are used
instead.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com

Post a reply to this message

> parstxtr.o: In function `Parse_Image(int)':
> parstxtr.o(.text+0x4a8): undefined reference to
> `Read_HDR_Image(Image_Struct*, char*)'

have you added the new file, hdr.cpp, to your compilation ?

> `pov_istream_class::UnRead_Byte(int)'

? don't know why you have those errors, this is in the official pov
UnRead_Byte is defined in file_pov.cpp

> Well, I'm not a programmer but it seems that the coresponding header files
> are missed. The file parstxtr.cpp and tokenize.cpp are changed by Mael, but
> I can't find parstxtr.h and tokenize.h in the patched sources. So when I
> start to compile the source, the old (original POV-Ray 3.5) ones are used
> instead.

parstxtr.h and tokenize.h are left unchanged by my patches as far as i can
tell