POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Height field bug found and fixed Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:42:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field bug found and fixed (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Height field bug found and fixed
Date: 4 Nov 2002 05:31:02
Message: <3dc64c66@news.povray.org>
In article <3da337e1$1@news.povray.org> , "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:
> Have you ever created a smooth height field with some flat areas? Noticed
> how the smoothing around the flat areas, although looking rounded, doesn't
> quite look entirely *smooth*? See the image in p.b.i.
<snip>

Hi,

I noticed that you made your patch available, but it also includes numerous
extensions to the code that have nothing to do with the actual problem.
Would it be possible to provide a hfield.cpp which only fixes the bug and
not requiring me to carefully dissect the code and remove everything that is
not part of the bug fix?

This would really speed-up the process of integrating your bugfix into a
future official POV-Ray 3.5 :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde