POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wierd Idea Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Wierd Idea (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Luke Church
Subject: Re: Wierd Idea
Date: 5 Feb 2002 15:49:36
Message: <3c604560@news.povray.org>
Ok everyone,

I think that I'll give it a go and see what happens... I'll keep you'll
posted when it comes out as beta. (Hopefully)

If anyone wants to know how it's going or has any further ideas to offer
feel free to email me or post somewhere round here, though I expect the
process to be slow, as I don't have a lot of spare time.

(Or more likely I'll be back asking for help)

BTW, a non-technical idea... Would it be possible to hold a database of
ideas currently in development in the Pov Community, so that information and
ideas could be shared and people might not 'waste' their time redeveloping
things that have already been developed or are in development... More than
once I begun developing an mini-app only to find about half way through that
someone else realises a version of it! My suggestion is a bit like perhaps a
micro-source forge, but without the hosting capability to save money...

Many thanks for your opinions,

Regards,

Luke

Post a reply to this message