POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : compiling povray under IRIX & Solaris Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  compiling povray under IRIX & Solaris (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Matthias Fueller
Subject: compiling povray under IRIX & Solaris
Date: 15 Nov 2002 19:39:00
Message: <3DD59414.4090306@web.de>
Hi there,

I tried to compile povray 3.5c under IRIX and it did not work too good.
The problem was that there are platform-specific options (CXXFLAGS =
...-mcpu=i586 -march=i586...) set in the Makefile.am template in the src
directory. There are also compiler options (i.e. C++ options) which
won't work with older compielr versions...
I am not very used to automake and autoconf, but I think these options
should not be set always...
Am I the only person experiencing such problems?? There could be
problems on many platforms...
I just threw these options out, it worked for me :-)

Matthias