POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray compile with cygwin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Povray compile with cygwin (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Povray compile with cygwin
Date: 1 Jul 2000 03:36:50
Message: <395D9F92.2BC814EC@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
I was trying to compile the plain unix source of povray with cygwin version
1.1.2 to get a textmode version for windows and to later try Chris Huff's new
patch.

Everything went fine without any modification! I was able to render some scenes,
but the file output was always totally black, no matter what fileformat I
specified.

Anyone who had similar problems in the past or who could help otherwise ?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

> I was trying to compile the plain unix source of povray with cygwin
> version 1.1.2 to get a textmode version for windows and to later try
> Chris Huff's new patch.
>
> Everything went fine without any modification! I was able to render
> some scenes, but the file output was always totally black, no matter
> what fileformat I specified.

Was this before adding my patch, or after?

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

> > I was trying to compile the plain unix source of povray with cygwin
> > version 1.1.2 to get a textmode version for windows and to later try
> > Chris Huff's new patch.
> >
> > Everything went fine without any modification! I was able to render
> > some scenes, but the file output was always totally black, no matter
> > what fileformat I specified.
>
> Was this before adding my patch, or after?

For the first tries I only used the official version.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>