POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Who is last: Parse_Object_Mods((OBJECT *)Object); or ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who is last: Parse_Object_Mods((OBJECT *)Object); or ... (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: Re: Who is last: Parse_Object_Mods((OBJECT *)Object); or ...
Date: 13 Jun 2000 00:33:36
Message: <3945b9a0$1@news.povray.org>
Sending reply to povray.programming.

Dejan D. M. Milosavljevic <dmi### [at] xoommailcom> wrote...

> File parse.c
>
>  Usually in Parse_SomeObject at the end we have:
>    Parse_Object_Mods((OBJECT *)Object);
>    return((OBJECT *)Object);

>   Line 1067  Parse_Object_Mods ((OBJECT *)Object);
>   Line 1069  Compute_HField(Object, Image);
>   Line 1071  Compute_HField_BBox(Object);
>   Line 1073  Destroy_Image (Image);
>   Line 1075  return ((OBJECT *) Object);

It is quite possible that the original authors intended that the
Compute_HField function, for example, be done after all modifications have
been made.  However, this is not currently true, because if POV runs across
the OBJECT_TOKEN, it calls Parse_Object, which could then find an object
identifier, so that it copies an already-existing object.  Then,
Parse_Object_Mods is called, and is now happening _after_ Compute_HField.
Therefore, it most likely doesn't matter if Parse_Object_Mods happens before
or after Compute_HField (or Make_Blob or SetUp_Fractal).  If it does make a
difference, then there is likely a bug in POV.

-Nathan