POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray & Voodoo Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Povray & Voodoo (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bob Ratliff
Subject: Povray & Voodoo
Date: 14 Mar 2000 13:23:45
Message: <38ce83b1$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

   This is sort of a newbie question, so please bear with me.  I am
wondering if it would be any benifit to add Voodoo3 support to the pov
binaries.  I'm not sure if it would accellerate the rendering.  If some of
the programmers in the group could share some insight, I would much
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob Ratliff
InterWeb Consulting
elm### [at] mrtccom

Post a reply to this message

Since you can render an image to a file and never see its output (until you
view the completed file) - the type and speed of your video card will not
produce a faster render.

--
Mike

wk: mik### [at] pyxiscom  www.pyxis.com
hm: mwe### [at] sciticom  www.geocities.com/mikepweber

"Bob Ratliff" <elm### [at] mrtccom> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
>    This is sort of a newbie question, so please bear with me.  I am
> wondering if it would be any benifit to add Voodoo3 support to the pov
> binaries.  I'm not sure if it would accellerate the rendering.  If some of
> the programmers in the group could share some insight, I would much
> appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Ratliff
> InterWeb Consulting