POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : QUESTION #2: MegaPOV Code Question/Problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  QUESTION #2: MegaPOV Code Question/Problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Robert Alan Byer
Subject: QUESTION #2: MegaPOV Code Question/Problem
Date: 7 Mar 2000 23:31:51
Message: <38C59159.660EA78B@mail.ourservers.net>
First, I would like to thank everyone that replied to my previous
message as it clarified some issues.

Now, as promised, question/problem #2......

In the following files..

	MEM.C
		(line 864)
		if ((mem_stats.smallest_alloc<0) || (nbytes<mem_stats.smallest_alloc))

		(line 4168)
		if(Number_Of_Waves <=0)

	TRUETYPE.C
		(line 858)
		if (ffile->numGlyphs <= 0)

		(line 864)
		if (ffile->numberOfHMetrics <= 0)

	POVRAY.C
		(line 2240)
		if (theNumber <= 0)

I get compiler informational messages about the unsigned variable is
being compared with a relational operator to a constant whose value is
not greater than zero.

(Yes, my compiler is stricter than most.:} )

So the question is, are these == 0 tests?  Or are you using a trick such
as assigning a negative value to an unsigned variable?

I'm not worried as these are just informational messages, but since I'm
having to do some other minor cleaning up for my OpenVMS port I figured
I might as well look into these.

(And I do have one, maby two more little problems still yet to come. :}~
)

--

 +--------------------------+----------------------------------------+
 | Robert Alan Byer         | "I don't want to take over the world,  |

Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet> wrote...
> So the question is, are these == 0 tests?

I think that this is the case.

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message

> Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet> wrote...
> > So the question is, are these == 0 tests?
>
> I think that this is the case.

Thanks, I'll wait to see if anyone else has any input then change the
code to see what it might break :}

--