POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Configure and automake, revival Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Configure and automake, revival (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Axel Hecht
Subject: Configure and automake, revival
Date: 4 Feb 2000 07:03:23
Message: <389AC00F.665D8F5@numerik.uni-kiel.de>
Hi folks,
following recent discussions on the automake mailing list, I would like
to revive the configure discussion.

Attached is the mail by Tom (automake maintainer) suggesting a way to
use automake/autoconf for povray.

Drawback: The needed functions are currently only available in the CVS
version of automake, so we would have to go for both autoconf and
automake from CVS.

How is your feeling? Should we wait for automake/autoconf to release, or
should we go for it now.

Oh, to those that don't know auto* to good, automake and autoconf are
only needed by the developers. You don't need these programs for just
compiling. So I am NOT suggesting any user of povray should use
CVS-versions of their tools.

Axel

PS: Followup set to povray.programming