POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : solid pattern patch Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  solid pattern patch (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: solid pattern patch
Date: 25 Jul 1999 20:11:32
Message: <379BA7BD.2283E2D2@compuserve.com>
I have successfully patched POV-Ray for the first time, adding a "solid"
pattern. This pattern takes a float parameter which is the offset into
the color/normal/pigment/etc_map. It is useful for making blends of
anything that will fit into a map, and can produce some interesting
animations.
example:
sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 1
  pigment {solid CLOCK
   color_map {
    [0.0 color rgb < 0, 1, 0>]
    [0.25 color rgb < 1, 1, 0>]
    [0.5 color rgb < 1, 0, 0>]
    [0.75 color rgb < 1, 0, 1>]
    [1.0 color rgb < 0, 0, 1>]
   }
  }
}
It will also allow solid transparency in my model of specifying
transparency(which I am also working on...).

Post a reply to this message