POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : problem with source... (possibly the makefile) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  problem with source... (possibly the makefile) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Anders Haglund
Subject: problem with source... (possibly the makefile)
Date: 15 Jul 1999 13:56:01
Message: <378e20b1@news.povray.org>
I have a problem compiling my povray patch... when i compile it I get:

Error! E2028: Parse_Warp_ is an undefined reference
creating a DOS/4G executable
file express.obj(D:\POVRAY31\SOURCE\express.c): undefined symbol Parse_Warp_

But in parsetxtr.h i have (moved from parsetxr.c):
void Parse_Warp(WARP **Warp_Ptr);

and in express.h i have
#include "parsetxtr.h"

I can't get what's wrong, but the I'm not very good with how makefile and
stuff works.

/Anders

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:56:31 +0200, Anders Haglund wrote:
>I have a problem compiling my povray patch... when i compile it I get:
>
>Error! E2028: Parse_Warp_ is an undefined reference
>creating a DOS/4G executable
>file express.obj(D:\POVRAY31\SOURCE\express.c): undefined symbol Parse_Warp_
>
>But in parsetxtr.h i have (moved from parsetxr.c):
>void Parse_Warp(WARP **Warp_Ptr);
>
>and in express.h i have
>#include "parsetxtr.h"
>
>I can't get what's wrong, but the I'm not very good with how makefile and
>stuff works.

First, it appears there's an extra underscore on the one in express.c.
Perhaps that's a compiler artifact, but you should check your source
just in case.

Second, it's parstxtr.h, without the e.  That's probably a typo in
your posting, though.

Post a reply to this message