POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : UVPOV source questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  UVPOV source questions (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: UVPOV source questions
Date: 17 Jun 1999 09:13:04
Message: <3768F553.3F9A116A@compuserve.com>
I have successfully compiled a Mac version of UVPOV, all I did was
replace the generic source files. Is there anything else I need to do?
Also, I got two compile errors, I commented out the two lines of code
that produced them, and all seems well, but are these important?
I have slightly tested the compile, and it seems to work fine.

compile errors:

(I thought these were generic sources?)
Error   : function has no prototype
TOKENIZE.C line 2096   WIN_WhereError (Token.Filename,
Token.Token_Line_No+1, Echo_Ptr, Echo_Indx, Token.Token_String) ;

Error   : function call does not match prototype
photons.c line 988   Warn(1.0,"Could not save photon map
(%s)\n",photonOptions.fileName);

Post a reply to this message

> I have successfully compiled a Mac version of UVPOV, all I did was
> replace the generic source files. Is there anything else I need to do?
> Also, I got two compile errors, I commented out the two lines of code
> that produced them, and all seems well, but are these important?
> I have slightly tested the compile, and it seems to work fine.
>
> compile errors:
>
> (I thought these were generic sources?)
> Error   : function has no prototype
> TOKENIZE.C line 2096   WIN_WhereError (Token.Filename,
> Token.Token_Line_No+1, Echo_Ptr, Echo_Indx, Token.Token_String) ;

This one's not important.  It's the line that tells the windows editor to
jump to the place where the error occured.

> Error   : function call does not match prototype
> photons.c line 988   Warn(1.0,"Could not save photon map
> (%s)\n",photonOptions.fileName);

I think I forgot a header file for this one.  Looks like it's in PARSE.H
so if you include that file in PHOTONS.C it should solve the problem.

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message

>> Error   : function call does not match prototype
>> photons.c line 988   Warn(1.0,"Could not save photon map
>> (%s)\n",photonOptions.fileName);
>
>I think I forgot a header file for this one.  Looks like it's in
PARSE.H
>so if you include that file in PHOTONS.C it should solve the problem.

I just tried that, and it doesn't seem to work. I just replaced the line
with one which didn't give photonOptions.fileName.