POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Splines in POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Splines in POV-Ray (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Splines in POV-Ray
Date: 11 Jun 1999 02:56:41
Message: <3760B06C.9107D43D@pacbell.net>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> Bob <inv### [at] aolcom> writes:
>
> > Isn't something like the spline includes by Chris Colefax (and there are
> > others) a POV-Ray script which counts as doing this already? Or I suppose
> > you might mean a actual spline keyword to use them internal to POV, in
> > which case I guess this is what was mentioned would be implemented in a
> > future SuperPatch. Altogether different.
>
> He might also think of "sphere sweeps". They are the objects that you get,
> when you sweep a sphere along a spline. Jochen Lippert implemented them
> and as far as I know his code is also included in the superpatch.
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm

Povray with sphere sweeps:
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~vader/pss/pss.html

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Jun 1999 15:49:23
Message: <37616843@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:45:00 -0700, Ken wrote:
>Thomas Willhalm wrote:
>> He might also think of "sphere sweeps". They are the objects that you get,
>> when you sweep a sphere along a spline. Jochen Lippert implemented them
>> and as far as I know his code is also included in the superpatch.
>
>Povray with sphere sweeps:
>http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~vader/pss/pss.html

As Thomas mentioned, sphere sweeps are also included in the superpatch:

http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch  ("official" site)
http://www.ezwv.com/~mclilith/index.html (mirror site)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 11 Jun 1999 20:17:13
Message: <3761A445.E1455B54@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:45:00 -0700, Ken wrote:
> >Thomas Willhalm wrote:
> >> He might also think of "sphere sweeps". They are the objects that you get,
> >> when you sweep a sphere along a spline. Jochen Lippert implemented them
> >> and as far as I know his code is also included in the superpatch.
> >
> >Povray with sphere sweeps:
> >http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~vader/pss/pss.html
>
> As Thomas mentioned, sphere sweeps are also included in the superpatch:
>
> http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch  ("official" site)
> http://www.ezwv.com/~mclilith/index.html (mirror site)

 I am aware that it is included with the super patch sir. I posted link
as an online source of information that describes in detail the sphere sweep
process so the original poster might decide for him/her self if the application
was one that would be applicable to his/her needs.

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:05:25 -0700, Ken wrote:
> I am aware that it is included with the super patch sir. I posted link
>as an online source of information that describes in detail the sphere sweep
>process so the original poster might decide for him/her self if the application
>was one that would be applicable to his/her needs.

Good idea.  I was actually following up to Thomas but I didn't want
to be bothered with hitting esc-p to get back to his message.  I
didn't mean to impugn your reputation.