POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : bmp format Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  bmp format (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dick Dijk
Subject: bmp format
Date: 9 Jun 1999 03:17:19
Message: <375E14A7.29E30A6C@hotmail.com>
Does anyone know where I can find a detailed description of the Windows
BMP format (size and structure of header, palette, data etc.).
I cut out a piece of a bitmap, but somehow the colors changed, does that
mean that the palette of the cut-out should be different than the
palette of the original image?

Dick Dijk

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know where I can find a detailed description of the Windows
> BMP format (size and structure of header, palette, data etc.).
> I cut out a piece of a bitmap, but somehow the colors changed, does that
> mean that the palette of the cut-out should be different than the
> palette of the original image?
>
> Dick Dijk

Have a look at

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/%7Emxr/gfx/2d-hi.html