POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Recompiling POV-Ray, please help. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:12 EDT (-0400)
  Recompiling POV-Ray, please help. (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Timothy Farley
Subject: Recompiling POV-Ray, please help.
Date: 19 May 1999 15:56:14
Message: <3743094e.0@news.povray.org>
Hello -

If you have read any of my resent postings, I have been looking for a DOS
version of POV-Ray 3.1 that simply displayed information to the standard
output, as opposed to having the text-based UI that POV-Ray DOS has. Well,
after much soul searching, I found what I am looking for! There is a line in
the POV-Ray DOS source code, config.h that says:

#define FANCY_TEXT

simply comment that line out and recompile, and it should work exactly the
way I have been hoping for!

I cannot get my compiler to work properly, so if anyone would be so kind as
to compile this, I would be greatly appreciative. It is already setup to be
compiled in Watcom C++ 10.x, Borland C++ 4.x (or higher) and DJGPP. It
should work under other compilers too, with a little modification.

Thank you very much for you're time, please respond via email also.

Thanks again

- Tim -