POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Math Equations Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Math Equations (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: cadman
Subject: Math Equations
Date: 13 Feb 1999 10:41:26
Message: <36c59d26.0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a website to find trig functions (i.e. equations of
geometric objects, equation of the intersection of a line & a plane,
equation of line tangent to a circle.. you get the idea).  I need a
refresher for macros, etc.
Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

>Does anyone know of a website to find trig functions (i.e. equations of
>geometric objects, equation of the intersection of a line & a plane,
>equation of line tangent to a circle.. you get the idea).  I need a
>refresher for macros, etc.
>Thanks.

There is a guy named Paul Bourke who has a homepage with lots of different
math and other stuff. It's gr8.
Check it out:
http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/
Look especially under Geometry.

/Anders

Post a reply to this message

> >Does anyone know of a website to find trig functions (i.e. equations of
> >geometric objects, equation of the intersection of a line & a plane,
> >equation of line tangent to a circle.. you get the idea).  I need a
> >refresher for macros, etc.
> >Thanks.
>
> There is a guy named Paul Bourke who has a homepage with lots of different
> math and other stuff. It's gr8.
> Check it out:
> http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/
> Look especially under Geometry.
>
> /Anders

Adding to that John Dlugosz has a couple of great math resource
links on his links page. His page is indexed and easy to navigate.

http://www.dlugosz.com/POV/links.html

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know of a website to find trig functions (i.e. equations of
> geometric objects, equation of the intersection of a line & a plane,
> equation of line tangent to a circle.. you get the idea).  I need a
> refresher for macros, etc.
> Thanks.

The Geometry Junkyard is my top pick.

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/junkyard/topic.html