POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Linux Pov 3.1? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Pov 3.1? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Maneesh Yadav
Subject: Linux Pov 3.1?
Date: 20 Jan 1999 13:37:21
Message: <36A6237E.11A34B75@utpulse.com>
Sorry if I am bringing up an old thread, but I have a complex scene I
made on my win box, and now because i's so complex (lot's of buildings
with windows) even a PII with 164 RAM has trouble with it (crashes due
to crappy mem handling).  So I wanted to use my school's server (which
they are allowing me to do :), runs linux and problem is that I use 3.1
features.  WHat do you think I should do:

-Modify my macros to include thingies
-Wait for the 3.1 linux (how long?)

Also, has anyone here used Sceda, it seems like the dream modeller
animator..any experience with it?

Post a reply to this message

>Sorry if I am bringing up an old thread, but I have a complex scene I
>made on my win box, and now because i's so complex (lot's of buildings
>with windows) even a PII with 164 RAM has trouble with it (crashes due
>to crappy mem handling).  So I wanted to use my school's server (which
>they are allowing me to do :), runs linux and problem is that I use 3.1
>features.  WHat do you think I should do:
>
>-Modify my macros to include thingies
>-Wait for the 3.1 linux (how long?)
>
>Also, has anyone here used Sceda, it seems like the dream modeller
>animator..any experience with it?

You should get an unofficial version if you need 3.1 now.
You may want to look into the povray.general as well for an announcement of one of
the unofficial compiles for Linux.   One of the recent announcements pointed to
<http://www.mailbag.com/users/mtgordon/povray.html>. (Note that I don't use Linux so
I cannot tell you how fast it is...).

    Thorsten